MAC Program Impact
The MAC Program helps more than 2,200 McLennan County high school graduates annually with the financial aid process. Of those graduates, approximately one fourth apply and are eligible for financial assistance from MAC.
- In 2009
- 549 seniors were awarded first-year MAC Grants
- 40 students qualified for the MAC Scholarship
- In 2010
- 540 seniors were awarded first-year MAC Grants
- 33 students qualified for the MAC Scholarship
- In 2011
- 503 seniors were awarded first-year MAC Grants
- 53 students qualified for the MAC Scholarship
- Students who have received the MAC Scholarship since 1997 have a 99% completion rate.
- Total federal grants received by first-year MAC students since 1995: $34.9 million (as of July 2011)
Since the MAC Program started in 1995, many MAC students have graduated and become professionals in the workforce across the nation. The majority, however, have chosen to stay in Texas; of those, many remain in McLennan County. MAC Program alumni are our doctors, nurses, teachers, bankers, investment consultants, and business owners.
Read about our MAC Program success stories.
To learn more, visit the MAC Program home page.