About Our Grantmaking
As the community foundation for McLennan County, our mission is to improve the quality of life for area residents. We work hard to be good stewards of the resources entrusted to our care and strive to make grant decisions that not only promote solutions to community challenges, but also build the capacity of service providers to partner collaboratively with others to improve the quality of life of area residents.
Waco Foundation only grants awards to 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organizations that are physically located in and serve the Waco-McLennan County, Texas area.
OUR FUNDING PRIORITIES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Helping people overcome poverty permanently. Priority will be given to the most focused, cost-effective methods of:
Significantly reducing teen pregnancy
- Significantly increasing graduation rates from high school, technical school, community college and college
Supporting valuable projects that are:
- Interesting, unique and energizing; and which seek to make Waco a vibrant, inclusive and attractive community
- Considered to be critical components and high priorities of the entire community
Increasing the capacity of McLennan County’s nonprofit sector and the ability of the community-at-large, to address challenges by:
Strengthening nonprofit sustainability
Helping local organizations collaborate
Increasing leadership capacity and pathways
Funding organizations which provide support and service to our most vulnerable residents – people in poverty, people with disabilities, the elderly, children and youth (primarily through Immediate Impact Grants).
To learn more about our grantmaking practices, we encourage you to read the Frequently Asked Questions
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact Nicole Wynter, at email@example.com
or 254.754.3404 to discuss their project before
submitting an application.
- Click here to access the online grant application portal to begin work on or complete an application.
- Click here to preview the application.